RCOT is looking for a Senior Manager for UK Policy and Public Affairs
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists is the professional membership body of occupational therapy staff in the UK. With 33,000 members, they work to ensure the profession’s rightful place in health and social care delivery.
They are looking for a Senior Manager for UK Policy and Public Affairs to take a strategic lead of all of their public affairs activities across the UK and devolved nations. You will help ensure that the RCOT is the voice of the profession with politicians, health and social care, education and research stakeholders.
Reporting to the Assistant Directors and advising the CEO, you will manage a Policy and Public Affairs Manager, the Professional Practice Leads (for each country) as well as their Public Affairs agencies across all work streams.
As Senior Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading on the design and implementation of the RCOT’s policy and public affairs strategy, influencing legislation and policy as well as driving opportunities for political and stakeholder engagement to help build the profile of the profession
- Working closely with other departments, including Communications and Marketing and Education and Research team, to align messaging and ensuring that members are kept well informed and have opportunities to engage in public affairs activities
- Leading on designing processes to ensure that the Business Management Group are up to date on policy and political issues, and work closely with the Associate Directors for Professional Practice and Education and Research to establish an approach for horizon scanning in all four nations
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of the structures and processes in Westminster, Welsh Assembly, Scottish Parliament and Northern Ireland Assembly
- Experience designing and implementing a public affairs strategy with a proven track record in a similar role
- An understanding of health and social care policy and legislation, with an understanding of Higher Education policy being desirable
- Experience of leading a team and managing staff, with experience of managing agencies
- Flexibility to travel around the UK (as required for this role)
For more information, please see the job description here.
Ellwood Atfield has partnered with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists for the appointment of this role. We are committed to change and to leading the way to improve diversity, equality and inclusion and actively encourage the application for this position from every qualified individual. Applicants will be asked to fill out this diversity form.
Please apply sending through your CV, covering letter and diversity report by 7th August.
Job Reference: ER-2007-7419.