A corporate going through the most ambitious strategic change in Europe and Comms is at the centre.
A client of Ellwood Atfield is a multinational FMCG business with a legacy of huge success in its wake. BUT, it has also nurtured controversy which often left it mired in a myriad reactive crisis-management. That is, until it made a fundamental decision to change, not for the sake of PR but a root and branch corporate pivot. The ripples of this change have already impacted its entire sector but in the future, they will also have the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of people the world over. This is the largest strategic change of any corporation this century and it has altered the culture of the business from being reactive to being entrepeneurial and fuelled by the boldness of its ambition. The UK commercial environment is at the centre of making this change a success and the singularity of it is corporate communications. Innovative, creative and impactful communications is a vital ingredient to achieving the success it is looking for. Under the stewardship of a newly appointed UK CEO, Director of Corporate Affairs and Head of Communications this incredible organisation is hiring a Senior Media and Communications Manager to join their dynamic team. It needs to be made crystal clear from the outset; this change is happening now and you will be needed to be a part of making it happen, without the will to be an active agent, the shift in the minds of others cannot happen.
As the Senior Media and Communications Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Managing the effective running of the UK Press Office including calendar announcements, the production of innovative content and establishing relationships with the media, internal and external stakeholders.
- Handling issues as and when they arise, which at this point, remains a regular occurrence. You should be prepared to deal with these issues and yet remain positive and focussed on the long-term goal.
- Although you will need to be comfortable with the media that is not all that your role is limited to, you will also work to produce interesting and evocative content for use across a variety of channels and platforms.
- Establishing trust and credibility of the communications team across your internal, global stakeholder audience ensuring that they understand and coalecse around your shared objectives.
- Working alongside your communications colleagues across regulatory affairs, consumer communications, external affairs to assist in their work when necessary.
- Act as the strategic leader across all trade media and platforms so that the organisation's voice can be heard in an environment which includes major retailers, policy makers and business media.
To qualify as the Senior Media and Communications Manager you must have:
- The passion, belief and will to effect change. You must be a highly motivated and positive in your outlook and have an open-minded attitude which is able to see beyond the immediate term.
- Significant experience of working within a corporate communications environment, either from an agency or from an in-house position.
- Experience of working in an advisory role during a period of corporate or issues related crisis.
- Demonstrable experience of producing high impact communications across multi-channel platforms including; the media, trade press, digital, broadcast and social media
- A track record of not just delivering operationally but also of creating and implementing your own communications strategy successfully.
- A comfort with working for an organisation that is going through a substantial change, with all of the ambiguity, disruption and excitement that this can cause.
- You do not need to have experience of the FMCG sector, but an understanding of working within a regulated environment is an advantage. This role is as much about your attitude as it is about your communications background so if you have the drive to make change happen please apply.
To Apply got the position of Senior Media and Communications Manager:
To Apply for the Senior Media and Communications Manager please forward a copy of your CV via the Apply for this Role button. Please ensure that you quote reference number TE-2011-7589 in the subject line of your application.