Leading insurance group seeks Senior News and PR Manager to join their team
Our client, a leading Insurance group, are looking for a Senior News and PR Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Senior News and PR Manager is a key member of the Communications function and sits in the communications leadership group. You will have a particular focus on working with Group Corporate Centre and the UK & International Personal Lines Business. You will have extensive media relations experience and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of corporate, financial and consumer communications to ensure the deliver of consistent messages to external audiences.
- Provide external communications counsel to Senior Group Executives and leaders in the business to identify areas of focus for communications and thought leadership activity, and build reputation and share of voice using earned and owned channels
- Support the external communications activities for Group annual set-piece activities such as financial results reporting, Annual Report & Accounts and other leadership announcements
- Drive a thought leadership agenda and activity that supports the business to build credibility in areas of strategic interest, including setting the editorial direction and plan for The Thread, working alongside communications team members and freelancers to create and curate content aligned with the broader communications strategy
- Identify and respond effectively to reputational issues as they arise, acting as a spokesperson when required and briefing UK Executive Committee as and when appropriate
- Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders to ensure that they are accurately briefed and comprehensively prepared for interaction with the media
Key skills and experience required
- Advanced understanding of the UK media landscape, ideally with a successful track record of working effectively with the UK consumer and financial media
- Experience in leading the delivery of external communications within a complex corporate environment
- Expertise in external communications issues and crisis management
- Experience of using leadership and relationship building skills to effectively engage with various stakeholders and media to positively influence brand and corporate reputation
- A passion for the consumer finance space is essential and exposure to broader corporate communications is desirable
For more information, or to apply for the Senior News and PR Manager position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number JG-2001-7201