An exciting policy and government relations position in a growing team focusing on infrastructure
Ellwood Atfield is pleased to be partnered with one of the UK’s foremost building and built industry bodies. The organisation has a leading profile in the build environment, working on employment, education, apprenticeships and the industry’s response to net zero.
The role will be responsible for working on briefing materials and running the engagement within the Scottish Parliament and civil service. The role requires an eye to detail and the ability to confidently communicate and engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Engaging closely with the wider policy team, and a communications team to support the industry’s response to covid, skills and employment
- Monitoring political changes, with a particular focus on the changes in the Scottish Parliament
- Being responsible for ensuring effective public affairs is taking place in Scotland, with meetings with individuals from the Scottish Parliament, Civil Service and potentially MPs based in Scotland
- Comfortable with engaging with a wide range of policy areas, and able to impact and contribute to policy
Key skills and experience
- A good understanding of the political system and how the process works across local areas
- Experience of managing, implementing and evaluation proactive political engagement campaigns including the development of policy
- Working with senior managers to provide measured media advice
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.