Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation are looking for a Senior Policy Officer for a 12 month FTC
One person in five in the UK is affected by lung disease. As the only UK charity for people affected by all lung and respiratory diseases – from mild asthma through to lung cancer – the Asthma UK-British Lung Foundation Partnership is here for every one of them. They provide support, fund vital research, and campaign for better prevention, treatment and care.
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to have exclusively partnered with Asthma UK – British Lung Foundation who are looking for a Senior Policy Officer who will work with our External Affairs team to develop policy and influence decision makers to make positive change for people affected by respiratory disease, with a particular focus on health data and digital technology.
Reporting to the Head of Policy and External Affairs, your role will be to lead our work around health data and how we can build a stronger case for investing in and prioritising respiratory care. With the NHS facing significant delays and backlogs after the pandemic, this work has never been so important. You’ll also be influencing the delivery of the NHS Long term Plan, including a focus on digital interventions to meet ambitions for patient care.
- Lead a programme of proactive policy and influencing work covering a range of areas depending on organisational strategy and business planning, but likely to include one or more of: use of health data, the implementation of the NHS England Long Term Plan, and opportunities for digital technology in health care delivery for people with lung conditions.
- Research and draft AUK/BLF policy positions in a range of priority areas, ensuring that these are based on robust research, patient experience, clear analysis and strong arguments.
- Keep policy positions and statements up-to-date by staying abreast of new developments, and through regular review of existing positions.
- Identify opportunities, secure funding for and commission new policy research to support the work of AUK/BLF
- Represent the organisation at external meetings, promoting AUK/BLF and positioning respiratory disease on relevant policy agendas
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policy stakeholders across Whitehall, the NHS, NICE, Public Health England and other relevant bodies and organisations.
Key skills required
- Experience of researching and developing policy positions and drafting responses to UK government consultations.
- Knowledge of the policy-making process in health, public health or digital health policy, especially in England
- Knowledge of health data and how to utilise data and evidence to influence policy
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of influencing strategies.
- Experience of carrying out or commissioning research and/or data analysis, and managing external contracts or suppliers to deliver projects
Ellwood Atfield have partnered exclusively with the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation, this is an interim role and we are shortlisting quickly, if you are interested this role please send through your application as soon as possible to Barry Hartness – firstname.lastname@example.org