A leading Health Charity is looking to expand their Policy team
To work with a leading Health charity steered by world- class research which is powered by life changing care. They are established for anyone affected by cancer, providing support the whole way through, giving support for today and hope for the future.
They are now looking for a Senior Policy Officer to research, Support and Influence Directorate to deliver award winning services and successful campaigning.
Your purpose will be to develop policy using evidence whilst also influencing change based on the policy recommendations. It is important to build strong relationships with and influence key external stakeholders to increase the charity’s profile and acting on opportunities to influence. You will work with colleagues to develop and deliver influential strategies and act as a source internally and externally on key policy areas and the wider policy environment.
- To develop evidence-based policy positions and recommendations on behalf of the charity
- To build strong influential network with key stakeholders
- To share expertise across the organisation and externally on key policy area’s
- To represent the charity at external events, developing and maintaining key relationships
- To work co-operatively within a team to support and influence policy change
- To influence change based on policy recommendations.
Key skills and experience required
- Strong experience in a relevant policy role.
- Great communication skills with the ability to breakdown complex information into easily digestible language.
- Robust organisation and management skills to effectively prioritise tasks, work under pressure and work across teams and departments.
- A thorough understanding of policy development and implementation.
- Deep knowledge of the NHS and health structures.
Interviews are happening momentarily so please send your CV asap.
Click on the link to apply and attach your CV.