The PLSA seeks dynamic Senior PR Manager to lead press office and social media team
The Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association is the national association with a ninety year history of helping pension professionals run better pension schemes. With the support of over 1,300 pension schemes and over 400 supporting businesses, it is the voice for pensions and lifetime savings in Westminster, Whitehall and Brussels.
The PLSA’s purpose is simple: to help everyone to achieve a better income in retirement. The organisation work to get more money into retirement savings, to get more value out of those savings, and to build the confidence and understanding of savers.
The PLSA are now looking to hire a Senior PR Manager to help drive and manage its media profile and support its external affairs strategy. Reporting into the Head of Media, PR and Government Affairs, the Senior PR Manager will lead and manage the PLSA's media relations and promote their objectives across a range of channels within a small but highly effective communications team tasked with building the PLSA's reputation as the UK's leading authority on workplace pensions and lifetime savings.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR professional ready to step up to the next level and manage the press office for this high-profile body working at the heart of the debate around pensions and lifetime savings.
- Ensure that the media continues to recognise the PLSA as the voice of workplace pensions and, over time, recognises them as the voice of lifetime savings
- Provide a first rate media service to journalists which positions the PLSA as the essential place to come for pensions and lifetime saving stories. This will include providing and managing well-run on-site press offices at major events
- Help develop an integrated social media strategy that utilises the PLSA's social media profiles to make the most of owned channels to tell the PLSA's story
- Develop and Maintain effective relationships with key journalists across the consumer, personal finance, business, and pensions media at national and trade press level
- Develop and maintain clear processes and planning for capturing and disseminating media intelligence including the provision of regular reports to the Head of Media, PR, and Government Affairs.
Key skills and experience required
- Substantial experience as a senior media operator including a track record of generating high quality media coverage
- Experience managing a busy press office environment, preferably in-house and ideally in a complex membership organisation
- Experience of supporting senior executives and non-executives, including writing briefings, speeches and articles
- Experience in the financial services and/or pensions industry and knowledge of the current issues affecting pensions
- Experience of translating complex, information in a highly regulated environment into newsworthy, comprehensible content for the media.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please forward a copy of your CV via the apply button, quoting reference JG-1812-6310