A leading health and social care regulator is expanding their media team
Our client, a leading regulator in the health and social sector is looking to hire a Senior Press Officer to join their brand new media function. The organisation seeks to regulate the health and social care sector ensuring a safe level of fitness to practice. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they plan to launch their five year plan. This role will suit a candidate looking to make a step up in their career.
Reporting to the Senior Media Adviser, the Senior Media Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key members of the press. You will look to utilise these relationships to maximise the organisations coverage across national, regional and trade press. This opportunity will see you deal with reactive issues as well as creating proactive news stories to promote the organisation. You will also work closely with the senior leadership team, providing strategic media advice.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of national, regional and trade press
- Keep up to date with a varied political and current affairs landscape to stay on top of, and capitalise on, developing news stories across the health and social care sector
- Work creatively to develop ideas for news stories and content that can be used to sell the organisations aims externally
- Identify opportunities proactively where the organisations story can be told through varying media channels
- Work promptly as part of the on call team to deal with any reactive issues that may arise, dealing with these in a professional manner.
Key skills and Experience
- Experience working in a busy press office in a complex environment
- Ability to develop working relationships with key journalists
- Strong written communication skills
- A strong understanding of social media channels
- Proven track record of securing national media coverage
If you would like to apply for the position of Senior Press Officer please apply as soon as possible by quoting the reference number LH-1905-6638.