Interesting part-time position for a Northern Ireland based Public Affairs Officer
An excellent opportunity to be working with The British Psychological Society (BPS), a charity which acts as the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK, who are responsible for promoting both ethical and high-quality practice in the science, education, and practical applications of the discipline.
BPS work across a number of topical policy issues, including the services and workforce gaps, cost of living crisis, mental health reform and conversion therapy.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Manager, this role plays a vital role in linking the public affairs function with the wider communications team. Not only that, but this role will also be the principal contact for members in Northern Ireland and the organisation –developing key working relationships with external stakeholders is an integral part of this role. This is a very exciting opportunity for a passionate public affairs professional.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with Northern Irish BPS members and identifying opportunities for members to engage with key stakeholders.
- Monitoring of activity across The Northern Ireland Assembly, identifying any campaigning and engagement opportunities.
- Engaging with colleagues across the public affairs function and the wider communications team.
- Co-ordinating and drafting consultation responses on wide range of policy issues on behalf of BPS.
- Supporting BPS directorates on their work as they relate to Northern Ireland
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience working in campaigning, policy or political capacity and understanding of the political process including political parties, the civil service, legislation in Northern Ireland.
- Self-motivated individual who can build and maintain strong networks.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the attention to key details.
- Evidence of taking complex policy materials and translating them into briefings and consultation response for different audiences.
How to apply:
The deadline for this position is Thursday 9th December 17:00 BST.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please contact Rebecca (07584756723/ email@example.com).
If you are interested in this role, please send through your CV by clicking the ‘Apply for this position’ button.