A leading health regulator is looking to expand their team
A leading health regulator is looking to hire a Senior Public Affairs Officer to join their growing External Affairs team. The organisation regulates and protects standards and care throughout the healthcare industry and its professionals.
Reporting to the Public Affairs and Stakeholder Manager, the Senior Public Affairs officer will line manage one junior member of staff to help establish the organisation as a leading voice in the health sector. You will look to achieve this through the development of new and existing relationships with key stakeholders, monitoring political output and attending networking events.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relations through setting up meetings, conducting research and preparing briefings
- Monitor political intelligence and asses its impact on the health sector providing summaries and updates to members of your team
- Work with senior individuals within the organisation to produce briefing materials to be used in stakeholder engagements
- To actively increase stakeholder engagement you will be required to attend a range of networking events
- You will use party conferences as an opportunity to as a chance to increase the organisations political presence
- Develop influencing plans to help achieve the organisations goals using your understanding of the parliamentary and political process
- Successfully map key stakeholders and develop these relationships as well as horizon scanning for new opportunities
Key skills and experience required
- A strong understanding of parliamentary and political processes
- The ability to translate complex policy documents
- Previous line management experience – managing volunteers/ interns etc.
- A strong understanding of the health sector
- Experience of working with one of the devolved nations
- The ability to build and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
If you would like to apply for the position of Senior Public Affairs Officer please apply as soon as possible by quoting the reference number FL-1901-6347