Work with a diverse range of stakeholders in a busy and high-profile trade association
Our client is a leading membership body in the transport sector and this is a 12-month contract to provide maternity cover. The Senior Stakeholder Communications Officer will support engagement with members, regional groups and bodies, consumer and business groups and government to strengthen support among decision makers and enhance the reputation of the industry.
- Enhance stakeholder relations by identifying, mapping and maintaining key contacts, and ensuring the organisation is communicating with them effectively, working with the Head of Public Affairs and Stakeholder Communications Manager
- Work with the Events Officer and Senior External Affairs Manager to ensure that events effectively engage stakeholders, by supporting the production of invite lists and liaising with stakeholders
- Produce compelling and persuasive copy, writing for a range of audiences including third-party stakeholders, members and senior colleagues
- Work with the Media function to ensure that stakeholders are engaged in media activity, maximising opportunities to build coalitions of support
- Prepare the Director for external meetings with senior stakeholders (including metro mayors, subnational transport bodies etc), ensuring key messages are communicated and relationships nurtured.
Key skills and experience required
- Experience of working in a stakeholder communications, events or public affairs capacity; either in-house, in agency or within politics
- An understanding of, and interest in, the transport sector and stakeholder landscape
- Understanding of stakeholder communications and reputation management in support of corporate objectives
- The proven ability to plan, organise and deliver a complex and overlapping series of activities through the year, to a high standard
- Strong communication, analytical and research skills, and the ability to prioritise work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines.