Change communications specialist required for a crucial role with a high-profile regulator
Our client is a high-profile industry regulator which aims to create a fairer and greener marketplace for consumers in the UK. They are about to embark on the main delivery phrase of a transformation programme which encompasses working practices, talent, operating environment, digital capability, systems and processes, and the overarching cultural development needed to deliver the change. This newly created post will be responsible for delivering a programme of structured, coordinated and impactful communications and engagement opportunities with colleagues, working with the wider programme team and stakeholders across the organisation.
- Take ownership of the programme’s communications and engagement strategic plan and supporting tools, ensuring they deliver the most effective approach for driving change for the duration of the programme
- Galvanise a wide community of internal stakeholders to play their part in delivering a regular and joined-up drumbeat of organisation-wide communications and employee engagement opportunities
- Oversee all written content for key channels such as the intranet, office-based digital screens, face-to-face events with senior leaders and internal speaking events
- Demonstrate an inclusive approach, ensuring a range of internal audiences are actively involved and that the impact of change for various employee groups is clearly communicated
- Providing expert support to senior leaders and the wider transformation team with their communication style, and on how to engage and build dialogue with staff using multiple channels.
Key skills and experience required
- Proven ability to lead and implement high-volume, complex, multi-channel transformational change communications and engagement campaigns
- Ability to drive through a goal-oriented strategic approach in a dynamic and complex organisational context
- First-rate written communication skills, ensuring appropriate content, messaging, tone and consistency in all communication, aligned to strategic objectives and planning
- Ability to lead coordinated engagement across a large number of stakeholders (eg galvanising action across different teams that need to be joined up)
- Experience of coaching and supporting senior leaders to deliver excellent communications and engagement.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract to start asap. It will be based from home in the first instance but candidates will be based at the London or Glasgow office in the longer term.
Our client welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and especially welcomes individuals from underrepresented groups. While this is a full-time role, flexible working patterns and job shares are welcome.