New Social Media and Online Communities Manager role
The British Psychological Society (BPS) is a charity which acts as the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK and is responsible for the promotion of excellence and ethical practice in the science, education, and application of the discipline.
The Digital Communications team is recruiting a Social Media and Online Communities Manager to join the BPS on a six-month fixed-term contract.
The successful applicant will lead the society’s corporate social media channels and network of online communities, as well as helping to implement a new strategy to increase our reach and engagement.
The new role will be responsible for producing and commissioning creative and impactful content that champions our members and psychology as a whole, and promotes the work of the BPS and the many services we provide.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Communications, the Social Media and Online Communities Manager will need to build strong working relationships across the organisation to ensure the full range of BPS priorities and activities are promoted.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with external stakeholders to amplify our key messages
- Delivering social media training and support to BPS members where required to ensure best practice and consistency of tone
- Using data and insight to adapt content and improve engagement
- Creating and managing a content calendar, incorporating events, discussions, case studies and campaigns that can spark conversations on social and among community members
- Delivering social media-led campaigns that celebrate our members.
For a copy of the full job description or to find out more, please get in touch with Felicity Lowes - email@example.com
Applications close on the 18th January, please send your CV across as soon as possible.