The GMC is looking for a Speechwriter and Content Specialist for a 12 Month Contract
The General Medical Council is the UK’s independent medical regulator, working to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine by doctors. The GMC does this to protect patient safety and support medical education and practice across the UK, by working with doctors, employers, educators, patients and other key stakeholders in the UK's healthcare systems.
Ellwood Atfield has exclusively partnered with the GMC to recruit a Speechwriter and Content Specialist for a 12-month FTC. Reporting to the Head of News, this role will be responsible for developing speeches, articles, blogs and other written material to promote the work and reputation of the GMC through conference keynotes and maximising opportunities to tell their story across multiple communications channels.
- Development of speeches, remarks and talking points for the GMC’s Chair and Chief Executive plus supporting material (such as presentations); commissioning content, data and briefings from internal teams as required.
- Developing strategic narratives and plans to guide creation of speeches and content, as well as to drive a more strategic approach to our use of speaking opportunities, liaising closely with other communications teams to ensure these narratives and priorities are aligned with our wider agenda.
- Provide strategic advice to help the organisation manage the acceptance of speaking opportunities, liaising closely with the Events team.
- Work closely with the Head of News to leverage value of speaking opportunities and their content in their wider communications
Key skills required:
- Extensive experience of writing concise effective copy for speeches, opinion pieces, presentations, blogs and forewords conveying appropriate key messages for the audience.
- Proven experience of developing communications materials for use across a range of channels, from speaking engagements and traditional media to digital platforms.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering compelling narratives incorporating key messages and aligned to corporate strategy.
- Significant experience of working with and briefing key senior stakeholders within an organisation.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV by Sunday 24 October.
The GMC strongly believes that diversity of background and experience will help them to be a better regulator. The GMC is working hard to increase the diversity of their staff, and also the diversity of those they work with wherever they can, and they would actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
For diversity and monitoring purposes, please complete the equal opportunities monitoring form which can be found here and return to email@example.com