Unique opportunity for an exciting stakeholder engagement role for a huge development in North Wales
Our client is an international oil and gas company committed to helping the world reach net zero.
As part of the UK Communications & Advocacy team, work with our client’s Offshore Wind business to quickly obtain regulatory approvals and societal support. Working within communities, this role uses best practice techniques to engage and monitor local stakeholder sentiment to plans, and with other members of the project team, supports the development of and implementation of activities..
- Act as a community point of contact identifying, defining & managing stakeholder engagement across communities (Wales, England, Isle of Man, Ireland), local government officials and political stakeholders as well as special interest groups such as fisherman. You work to resolve onshore grid connection issues
- Work with specialist consultants including copywriters, translators, community engagement professionals
- Provide input to determine non-technical (inc legislative, regulatory, reputational, political and social) risks, and develop appropriate mitigations to support
- Working with the stakeholder engagement senior manager, liaise with bp’s social performance experts to ensure best practice and compliant engagement activities are undertaken
- Resolve issues - anticipating and responding to stakeholder needs – mobilising project and broader-business leaders where appropriate.
Key skills and experience required
- Broad reputation management and communications experience in a dynamic, high profile organisation or industry.
- Confidence engaging external stakeholders and advising business leaders, analysing business trends and the external landscape.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to convey complex information in smart, creative formats to effect real change.
- Proactive, curious and courageous, willingness to experiment, learn and continuously adapt.
- Able to prioritise and respond to dynamic situations.
For more information, or to apply for the Stakeholder Engagement Advisor position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2106-7854.