The GCCA is seeking a Stakeholder Engagement Manager to support on outreach during a critical time
The world is rapidly changing, by 2050 the global population is expected to reach 9 billion. Over the course of the next 15 years, it is predicted that an additional 1.1 billion people will move into urban, city environments. This is a remarkable shift and requires construction and growth on an unprecedented scale. Concrete, the world’s most used man-made product, will be pivotal in providing the solution to the challenges our world faces, because of its unique properties as a sustainable, durable and resilient building material.
Launched in January 2018, the Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) is dedicated to developing and strengthening the sector’s contribution to sustainable construction. In 2020 the GCCA and its member companies made a major climate ambition announcement to produce carbon neutral concrete by 2050, in line with global climate goals.
GCCA are looking to appoint an experienced Stakeholder Engagement Manager to support our outreach at a critical time for the industry. The role will report to the Director of Communications and Policy and is an opportunity to help extend the association and industry’s reach with a wide range of influential audiences and organisations.
- Help to build and manage positive working relationships with key stakeholders including GCCA members and external partners, demonstrating high level engagement skills in written and oral form, and both in-person and online
- Work with key stakeholders and manage the day-to-day relationship with the Concrete Action for Climate initiative
- Develop and update core project materials including key messages, Q&A, briefings and presentations, tailoring messages to specific audiences, to be used across multiple channels including via stakeholders
- Manage the planning and delivery of workshops, working groups, meetings and focus groups
- Working with the senior team to determine key policy and technical issues for our members, how they relate to the relevant communities and how the GCCA can best support members in achieving outcomes
- Manage the development and successful implementation of stakeholder engagement plans, including detailed tactical delivery plans
- Support reporting, evaluation and analysis, including maintenance of dashboard
- Ensure stakeholder responses and requests are communicated to the team at large
Key skills and experience required
- Proven ability to build and manage collaborations across public, private and civil society networks
- Ability to develop a work plan with partners and stakeholders as well as implement engagement strategies
- Project and stakeholder management best practices in the different offices and global locations
- Delivery of agreed-upon events and logistics needs, project targets and measurable efforts to deepen engagement with partners
- Ability to build a core community from existing and new partners that are onboarded to enable a well-integrated initiative
This role will be shortlisted for on the 7th May, please allow ample time to have the relevant conversations with the recruitment consultant.