Leading London university seeks Strategic Insight Manager (public affairs and policy)
Kingston University London is seeking an impactful and experienced Strategic Insights Manager to join their highly successful team.
Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs and Insight, the Strategic Insights Manager will work to identify, shape and articulate policy positions for Kingston University that are of relevance to the University and its students.
You will provide insightful analysis of political and policy developments and their impact on higher education, and identify opportunities for the University in areas such as innovation, the skills agenda, lifelong learning and deepening relationships with political stakeholders and other key policy influencers.. You will lead in developing policy lines and messaging, and will generate policy responses to government consultations.
As the post holder, you will also play a key role in co-ordinating the University’s strategic outreach campaign with policy makers and thought leadership opportunities for the Vice-Chancellor and members of the leadership team, developing partnerships with businesses, sector bodies and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse the UK political and policy environment and provide insight and work with the Director of Public Affairs and Insight to communicate relevant external developments internally.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key internal stakeholders across the University.
- Manage the activities and budgets of public affairs consultancy in provision of the monitoring and analysis of the UK political and policy environment.
- Draft policy position papers, articles and blogs for internal and external audiences, and coordinate responses to external consultations.
- Represent the University at meetings of sector bodies including University Alliance and Universities UK and develop relationships with policy officials and political staff that will have a benefit to the University’s wider interests.
- Proven public affairs experience - ideally gained in the education sector – and a clear understanding of external policy making in Whitehall and Westminster.
- Experience of proactively identifying policy opportunities and ways to capitalise on changes to public policy.
- Experience of advising colleagues at the senior level within an organisation and is able to communicate analysis and advice authoritatively to this audience.
- Strong experience of engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders from a range of settings including Westminster and sector bodies and developing effective relationships.
- Experience of planning, managing and evaluating projects
For more information or to apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to Joshua@ellwoodatfield.com by 4 February 2022. Please email or LinkedIn message Josh for more details, you can also call on +44 (0)7776858567