Ark Mastery Programmes: Mathematics Mastery and English Mastery
Mathematics Mastery and English Mastery are part of Ark, an international charity transforming lives through education. Ark consists of a network of 38 schools in the UK, educating around 26,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. Ark Ventures is the part of Ark set up to incubate, launch and scale initiatives that address some of the most intractable issues in education and society – in the UK and the around the world.
Mathematics Mastery and English Mastery are two of the initiatives that have been incubated through Ark Ventures and are now scaled outside the Ark schools network.
The Ark Mastery Programmes were founded to transform education in the UK. They work in partnership to empower and equip schools to deliver world-class teaching. Their values sit at the heart of this mission:
- Partnership: They collaborate – across teams and with schools – to learn from each other, increase effectiveness and make the greatest collective difference.
- Excellence: They strive to be the best in their field and are committed to producing high quality, evidence-based work.
- Compassion: They care about one another, are mindful of wellbeing and show empathy. They encourage a positive and energetic working environment.
- Growth-mindset: They are dynamic and focused on progress and continual improvement. Strongly believe in achievement for all.
- Innovation: The work is transformative and pioneering. They establish and promote new ideas; challenging the status-quo in order to bring about lasting change.
- Purpose: Dedicated to making a positive difference in mathematics and English education. We are passionate about mathematics and English and the role of teachers; we have unity of purpose.
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with the Ark Mastery Programmes to hire a Head of External Relations to develop and implement the external relations strategy for Ark’s curriculum programmes including Mathematics Mastery and English Mastery.
The Head of External Relations is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all communications and marketing strategies, including media, public and government relations activities.
The role holder will work closely with the Head of Strategic Partnerships and their team on school recruitment and product sales. They will lead on the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy to meet agreed income targets.