National Landlords Association
The National Landlord Association is the UK’s largest membership organisation for private residential landlords, supporting and representing over 30,000 members.
NLA members range from full-time landlords running property portfolios to those letting single bedroom flats. Whatever their status, most landlords face the same regulatory and legal challenges, with over 100 Acts of Parliament and 200 sets of regulations governing the private residential lettings sector.
The NLA helps members navigate these challenges and offers some of the most comprehensive learning resources and market-leading intelligence available in the sector. The NLA seeks a fair legal and regulatory environment for both landlord and tenant, and actively lobby the government on behalf of members.
NLA Vision, Mission and Objectives
A sustainable and balanced Private Rented Sector (PRS) that works for landlords, agents and tenants.
To campaign for a fair and sustainable PRS that works for everyone and to help landlords make a success of their lettings business by supporting them at every stage.
• To promote sustainable tenancies and encourage fair and flexible renting for everyone by educating landlords about best practice and their statutory rights and responsibilities.
• To lobby in the interests of landlords and the wider PRS by providing a voice and a face that is heard and seen by politicians, the media and the public both nationally and locally
• To facilitate the growth of a sustainable PRS that works for everyone, through recognition of the PRS as a legitimate business environment
• To endorse landlord professionalism and improve standards of property management
• To lead the development and support of a landlord community
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with the NLA to hire a PR Manager (hyperlink to Pdf. of the job description), based in their London office and reporting into the Director of Member Services and Engagement.
The purpose of the position is to promote the NLA as the leading landlord organisation in the Private Rented Sector with the media and external stakeholders. The successful applicant will lead and manage the PR and media team, coordinating a busy press office and working to enhance and protect the organisation’s reputation. In addition, the PR Manager will have the opportunity to develop, design and deliver a Thought Leadership programme and the re-launch of the NLA podcast.
Based in the NLA office in London, this is a central position within the organisation, working closely with the CEO and Directors, as well as the Marketing and Policy team.