Be the voice of the UK plant science industry
The Crop Protection Association (CPA) puts a fresh perspective on the essential role in safeguarding our food supply, protecting the environment and improving our quality of life. The CPA has 23 member companies representing 96% of the UK market and its mission is to:
• Promote the essential role of science and innovation on protecting food, parks, gardens, roads and railways.
• Advocate good stewardship, better regulation and best practice.
Main responsibilities (among others)
• Lead the development of CPA’s mission, resulting in clear messages to external stakeholders to achieve favourable policy outcomes.
• Manage the reputation and influence of CPA.
• With the Chairman and the Board devise and agree the strategic business plan, drive and monitor its implementation and take corrective action when necessary.
• Advise the board and members of any potential opportunities, threats and emerging issues.
Key skills and experience
• Leadership - demonstrable experience of setting strategy, agreeing priorities and prioritising actions within a complex organisation.
• Management - outstanding operational management capabilities and people leadership
• Strategic thinking - ability to develop and execute a strategy with the awareness and understanding of market dynamics.
• Facilitation and negotiation - proven skills to operate effectively at executive/board level with the ability to influence debate and discussion to support efficient decision making.
• Advocacy - experience of successful advocacy within Westminster and Whitehall, and ideally influencing at regional, devolved assemblies, and EU levels.
• Communication - exceptional and persuasive communicator experienced in being an impactful and inspirational speaker with gravitas and authority.
For more information please consult the role description HERE and apply via the link on this page. Please note that applications for this role will close at noon on 19th March 2020