A unique opportunity to lead and shape a new industry body for the gambling industry.
Gambling is a key part of the leisure and entertainment industry. According to the Gambling Commission over 45% of UK adults gamble every month. The industry employs over 100,000 people and contributes more than £14 billion to the UK economy. We are looking to appoint a Chief Executive, whilst simultaneously conducting the search for a Chair, to lead The Betting and Gaming Council which will be the largest and most prominent organisation representing the gambling industry.
The Betting and Gaming Council is the new industry body representing the gambling sector, replacing the Remote Gambling Association (RGA) and the Association of British Bookmakers (ABB).
We are looking to appoint a Chief Executive to lead what will be the largest and most prominent organisation representing the gambling industry. The Chief Executive will build and maintain trust in the gambling industry, both within the industry itself and with external stakeholders, and will be responsible for building a team in their vision.
- Alongside the Chair serve as the face of this new organisation, being the point of contact and a voice for the industry on all the issues of importance to regulators, legislators, key decision makers and the media
- To build the membership of this organisation to include industry stakeholders who are not currently members and identify industry requirements and develop new high-quality services to meet the needs of the industry
- Direct the external communications strategy (including press relations for the new organisation) along with leading and managing advocacy positions on issues in co-ordination with the members
- Overall responsibility for the organisational budget and management of a team
Key skills and experience required
- Ability to develop and execute a strategy, with strong leadership and developmental skills
- Preferably with previous experience of working in, or with, the gambling industry or another highly regulated industry
- A track record of working with organisations undergoing change and with an understanding of the dynamics of industry bodies
- An established network within the national and international political and media arena, with experience of dealing with the media on politically sensitive topics
- Experience and a track record of successfully influencing the political and lobbying process within Westminster, Whitehall and ideally Brussels
This is a rare opportunity to have a real impact in shaping and leading both an industry body and the industry itself. This is a full-time position and the salary will be commensurate with experience.
Ellwood Atfield is committed to diversity and actively encourages the application for this position from any and every qualified individual.
Please feel free to share this opportunity with anyone in your network, you can apply below or for a confidential conversation please contact Gavin Ellwood firstname.lastname@example.org