Lead a high performing team and represent Britain's brewers and pub companies' role in society
Beer is one of the top three British food and drink exports, domestically beer and pubs contribute £23bn to UK GDP and generate £13bn in tax revenue. The British Beer & Pub Association (BPPA) is the leading body representing Britain's Brewers and Pub Companies. BBPA members account for some 90% of the beer brewed in Britain today and own more than 20,000 of the nation's pubs. The Chief Executive will lead the BBPA's strong voice for brewing and pubs and their unique role in British life, promoting and positioning beer and pubs as positive influences within society.
Main responsibilities include:
- To act as spokesperson for the Association's members to Government, Civil Service, the media and other opinion formers.
- To lobby on behalf of BBPA members to Government both in the UK and EU.
- To act as a catalyst and champion of change and create a consumer-focused culture with a passion for beer and pubs.
- To lead the development of BBPA's vision and purpose, resulting in clear messages to external stakeholders to achieve favourable policy outcomes.
Key skills and experience required:
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience of motivating, developing and directing a high performing team.
- Proven public affairs, communications and influencing skills gained from working with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of Central Government, political, policy and regulatory processes.
- Proven track record of strategic thinking.
- Experience of success at Board level.
The closing date for applications is Monday 26th August 2019.
For more information please consult the job description HERE. To apply for this position, please forward your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button, quoting the reference number GE-1906-6723