Advise the C-Suite and play a leading role in eradicating inequalities in the pension system
NOW: Pensions is an award-winning UK workplace pension provider. We look after the pension savings of millions of members on behalf of tens of thousands of companies from a wide range of industries. We provide a workplace pension with independent governance to employers of all sizes across the UK and help payroll bureaus, and financial advisers support their clients.
As a sustainable and responsible investor and pension provider, we believe that getting positive investment outcomes and investing for a better world go together. For some years now we’ve been increasing our focus on investing in companies that have stronger sustainability characteristics, lower carbon footprints and achieve good standards on environmental, social and governance (ESG).
Working at NOW: Pensions isn’t like anywhere else. We’re a little different to other financial services firms, and we like it that way. We are looking for an experienced Director of Public Affairs and Policy with an excellent track record to join the commercial team.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the creation of our strategic policy proposals, developing high quality policy outputs and responding to Government initiatives on a range of policy issues. These will include clude playing a leading role in our work to eradicate inequalities in the pension system such as the gender Pensions gap, influence changes to improve member outcomes and make our business more sustainable and developing leading commercial public affairs strategies.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintain a detailed stakeholder map of national decision makers and their influencers in Government and seek to develop and maintain a personal network of key decision makers in order to build awareness of NOW: positions.
- Manage the work of public affairs agencies/consultants brought in by the business for specialist projects ensuring timely delivery to a high standard, compliance with agreed KPIs and to budget.
- Monitor political and policy developments, adapting policy material and writing briefings as well as building relationships with relevant stakeholders including parliamentarians and policymakers.
- Ensure a considerable focus on proactively increasing the organisation’s profile across external affairs; building trust and deepening relationships with: government officials; advisors; MPs; think tanks; NGOs; academia; senior industry leaders; and other key influencers.
- Work closely with NOW’s senior leadership team and the Trustee directors ensuring that they are both involved and informed as appropriate.
Required skills, experience, and competencies include:
- Deep knowledge of the pension landscape, understanding of pension legislation and how it relates to the firm’s commercial agenda.
- Excellent communicator, able to think on your feet in live situations.
- Broadcast media experience including live appearances on both television and radio.
- Ability to work within a committee, gathering support for your key initiatives and securing appropriate priority for them.
- Highly collaborative style able to interact with colleagues at all levels, across the organisation.
This important and influential position is an opportunity to affect the lives of millions, genuinely and positively.
How to apply:
For more information about the role and how to apply, please consult the detailed job description and apply via the ‘Apply for this Role’ button.