Government Relations for a global company conducting business with a highly ethical code of conduct.
PRA Group is a world-leading multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia. PRA specialises in acquiring non-performing consumer debt from high-street banks. It has more than 4000 employees and 43 million customers in 17 countries. PRA knows that no one wants to find themselves in debt. It works with customers to help them resolve their debt in an affordable way that works with their budget. PRA is focused on conducting business with a highly ethical code of conduct.
The Head of Government Relations for the UK and Europe is a newly created position that reports to the President – Europe and is a key member of the European leadership team. You will perform a vital role in devising, leading, and executing PRA Group’s UK and European government relations strategy in key countries.
Main responsibilities include:
• Monitor and assess all political, policy and regulatory developments in UK and Europe
• Brief leadership and influence the strategic responses across the European region
• Working closely with local leadership, act as central support to senior management who engage with legislators and policymakers.
• Engage with UK and EU legislators, policymakers and staff on key legislative and regulatory matters
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with industry contacts, membership bodies, and coalitions
• Respond to white papers and regulatory consultations
• Produce comprehensive materials to advance PRA’s legislative and regulatory goals
Key skills and experience:
• Extensive knowledge of legislative and public policymaking process, political trends, agency procedures
• Ability to interpret EU and/or UK law and influence policy
• Able to discern and analyse the impact of multiple issues and to translate this into practical advice at speed
• Experience of working in partnership and collaboration; building relationships and able to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and partners
• Strong influencing skills and the ability to adapt style to different audiences
• Highly articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and the proven ability to develop commercially focused solutions
• Ideally, familiarity with regulations related to consumer credit and collections
How to apply:
For more information, please consult the job description here and apply via the ‘Apply for this Role’ button. Please note that applications for this position will close on 14th November 2021.