Lead on all aspects of media relations, consumer PR, and filming & locations management at Heathrow.
Having concluded a successful bid for the third runway, Heathrow is now entering a new phase in its journey towards improvement and building the trust of its customers, employees and stakeholders. In order to achieve its ambitious communications targets Heathrow is now looking to hire a Head of Media to support the Communications Director and to drive the development and implementation of their media and public relations strategies.
You will work closely with senior leaders to navigate both operational and commercial issues and be the centre of expertise for all media relations activity across the organisation.
As the Head of Media you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of media specialists including press office, consumer PR and filming/location management to develop and then deliver highly orchestrated communication plans
- Develop fully integrated media plans, synthesising reputational objectives with operational, commercial and brand objectives for Heathrow
- Provide issues management and leadership during times of crisis
- Provide strategic and tactical media relations advice to the Heathrow Executive team and senior leaders across the business
- Build strong relationships across marketing and commercial functions within the organisation to ensure the team are supporting the organisation’s integrated activity plan and revenue targets
To qualify for the Head of Media you must have experience of:
- It is essential that you have proven Media and Journalistic experience. A thorough understanding of how to use different communications channels in order to meet communications objectives is a must
- You will need to understand complex information and present it in a way which is easy for audiences to understand, as such first rate written and verbal communications skills are essential
- You must be politically savvy, with a media awareness and intellectual ability to operate within a complex corporate environment. You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the reputational consequences of communications and corporate affairs activities
- You must be able to work collaboratively with others and have proven influencing skills. You will be expected to contribute to a structured plan which brings media relations together with marketing, regulatory and public affairs, as well as internal and passenger communications to deliver to the overall objectives