Lead sustainability for the UK & Ireland and be part of Danone's One Planet, One Health mission.
Danone has a mission to bring health through food to as many people as possible. In a world where there are more deaths from obesity-related illnesses than from malnutrition, Danone’s One Planet, One Health mission is changing the world’s nutrition for the better.
A major FMCG company in the UK and Ireland, their iconic brands include Evian, Volvic, Activia, Actimel, Aptamil, Cow and Gate, Fortisip and Nutricia. Every day Danone’s products connect with over 900 million people in 140 countries.
Working across Danone’s four business units, Dairy, Waters, Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition, a senior opportunity has arisen for a Head of Programmes and Sustainability to join the General Secretary (corporate affairs) team.
Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs, UK and Ireland, as Head of Programmes and Sustainability you will:
- Lead the development of the design and delivery of the corporate responsibility strategy for UK and Ireland across the four business units
- Lead the development of external partnerships with charities, NGOs and other organisations which build Danone’s social contribution, business value and reputation, that deliver against the strategy, cluster vision and global commitments
- Represent Danone in a variety of industry forums and trade associations
- Manage a team of two - Social Innovation Manager and a Programmes Manager
- Wok closely with the communications team on engagement with external audiences on social innovation, sustainability and corporate responsibility
- Work with the business units and functions to ensure Danone meets all its legal requirements in terms of social, environmental and ethical issues e.g. Modern Slavery,
A strategic thinker with a collaborative mindset and excellent management credentials, you will:
- Experienced in corporate responsibility, sustainability and social innovation
- In depth understanding of the role of shared value and corporate responsibility in a modern-day business
- Have strong stakeholder management skills
- High level of autonomy
- Knowledge of impact measurement, evaluation and reporting
- Have partnership management skills with specific understanding of partnerships in the corporate and NGO sectors
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen
This role is an exciting new role created within the General Secretary function of Danone.
Ellwood Atfield is working exclusively in partnership with Danone. If you are interested in this role, please apply below.