This newly created role gives you opportunity to make some a real change to this professional body.
This leading professional body needs an interim Director of Public Affairs to provide strategic leadership of their large public affairs team and to influence and engage stakeholders across the UK and internationally.
The role has been created at a critical time of change for the organisation and wider sector. The interim will have regular access to the senior executive team, including the Director of Communications and CEO, and is responsible for providing strategic advice and messaging to support wider business strategy. This provides an opportunity to make a real change to this international professional body.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Leading on the development and implementation of the organisation’s public affairs strategy in the context of their corporate strategy and annual business plan.
- Developing and implementing a coordinated approach to influence key decision-making institutions, with a particular focus of those in Westminster and Cardiff.
- Managing 5 direct reports and support them and their teams to deliver the corporate strategy.
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Marketing, under the oversight of the Executive Director of External Affairs, in assessing risks, managing the organisation’s reputation and protecting the interests of its members.
- Exercise judgement and leadership in sometimes complex and sensitive issues, providing advice on stakeholder engagement at the highest level.
- Experience of leading a sizeable public affairs function in a high profile organization with international reason.
- Must be able to navigate political environments and know the workings of and interrelationships between Westminster, the devolved bodies (notably Wales), EU institutions and other relevant international bodies.
- Strong stakeholder management abilities with expertise in influencing and developing relationships with senior stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position, or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV to Jules Shelley at email@example.com and quote the job number: JO-1602-3371.