Promote and enhance the reputation of an independent organisation within the FS sector.
This independent organisation within the financial services sector is looking to hire an Interim External Affairs Executive, for a 12 months FTC.
Reporting into the External Affairs Manager, you will help promote and enhance this organisation's reputation with key policymakers in Westminster and Whitehall. As well as managing external stakeholder engagement with industry and customer groups.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Head of Corporate Communications in the development and delivery of the corporate communications strategy
- Facilitating the identification and prioritisation of stakeholders and other key opinion formers, and forging relations with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Developing the organisation's positions and key messages
- Working with teams across the business to ensure the quality and consistency of any external facing communications, on policy issues and other opportunities
- Creating and implementing all communication campaign activity, across stakeholder audiences, using both on and offline channels
- Developing stakeholder messaging and channel management strategies that support the strategy and objection
Required skills and experience include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the workings of Westminster and devolved Parliaments and EU institutions
- Experience in communications with policy makers and civil servants
- A strong knowledge of retail financial services markets, regulation and consumer issues and public policy
- Proven ability to deal effectively with high profile stakeholders, and expertise in developing and delivering successful corporate engagement strategies