This professional body in the financial services sector is hiring an Interim Policy & PA Manager.
This professional body in the financial services sector needs to recruit an Interim Policy & Public Affairs Manager to provide maternity cover support for around 6 - 12 months. Reporting to the Director of Public Policy this role will see you heavily involved in engaging with this body’s domestic political activities. However, given the European and wider global aspects of the industry’s regulation and operation, it will extend more broadly in terms of issues and geographies covered. You will play a key role in representing the organisation among key political stakeholders - both through the coordination of parliamentary engagement events and management of a contact programme which supports business strategy.
Key focus areas:
- Keeping up to date with key policy and political debates, both nationally and internationally, relevant to the industry and help develop the body’s positioning around them.
- Building and maintaining relationships with any relevant stakeholders, with a particular focus on UK parliamentary relationship but also including appropriate members and think tanks.
- Providing policy support across other teams, particularly those dealing with specific regulatory proposals and working alongside the Communications team.
Skills and experience:
- An ability to bring together a strong interest in financial services with political insight, with a keen interest in domestic and European politics.
- Strong organisational skills with excellent communications skills, with a keen eye for detail and shaping this into the broader messaging.
- Financial or professional services sector experience is preferred.