Director of Communications - Environmental Think Tank
Our client, an Oxfordshire based environmental think tank that works to demonstrate the case for safeguarding forests is looking for a Director of Communications and Fundraising to join the team.
In the midst of an exciting period of development, the organisation are now seeking an outstanding professional with a strong leadership experience in communications who shares their convictions. The successful candidate will be highly effective, motivated and committed to helping the organisation achieve their mission.
The new Director of Communications will hold a position on the senior management team and will be responsible for leading all communications as well as developing an ambitious campaign strategy through expert and dedicated communications, media and fundraising teams.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead on development and implementation of the communications and engagement strategy
- Develop and oversee the public affairs and media strategy
- Oversee and control all communications channels and outputs including reports, events and websites
- Proactively identify, mitigate and manage potential brand reputation issues
- Provide leadership and guidance for a cross-functional team of six with a broad remit of skills and responsibility
- Oversee an internal communications strategy to ensure consistency of message
- Track record of effective team leadership in a complex, multi-faceted organisation
- Experience of development of integrated communications strategies to shape communications across a large area of operations
- Strong understanding of the international politics of sustainability
- Experience of working internationally, particularly in tropical forest regions
- Digital experience and an understanding of how to navigate brand in complex organisations
If you are an outstanding external Director of Communications with the ambition to build a team at a rapidly growing organisation who sit at the heart of a pressing global challenge then please get in touch today quoting the reference JG-1704-4642