Pennon is an exciting and dynamic business, situated at the top of the FTSE 250
Pennon is an exciting and dynamic business, they are situated at the top of the FTSE 250, who is now seeking a new Head of Public Affairs to be based at their HQ in Exeter.
“Together we will build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers’ lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.”
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to become the new Head of Public Affairs for the Pennon Group PLC. The Head of Public Affairs will build Pennon’s public affairs capabilities, creating a strategic public affairs function that supports and enhances the Group’s brands and increases its influence on policy-making.
- To create a public affairs function that will develop, manage and deliver a structured Public Affairs strategic plan
- To ensure public affairs programmes contribute to, and achieve, sometimes complex and long-term performance indicators and objectives and other relevant strategies and policy goals by identifying and mitigating against risks and outlining opportunities.
- Liaise, and manage relationships with, with clients, customers, media, political, senior internal and external stakeholders to establish appropriate Pennon position statements and key messages, and to ensure consistency and effectiveness in corporate and project communications
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the UK political landscape
- Knowledge of environmental infrastructure sector issues
- Knowledge of lobbying protocol and ethical business governance and practice
- Substantial professional experience within a similar public affairs role with demonstrable results.
- Excellent communicator, credible and able to influence at all levels
- Strong writer and written ability
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, influence and strategic planning.