Junior Policy and Government Relations Executive required for a global pharmaceutical.
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for an individual looking to develop their career in policy and public affairs in the healthcare area.
As Policy, Communications & Government Affairs Executive you will provide broad support across the organisation’s policy team function; with a focus on commercial, NHS, health & industrial policy and the devolved nations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and providing support across the range of political and policy environments in which the organisation operates, keeping senior leaders and managers up to date on and aware of key issues and developments relevant to the healthcare market
- Assisting the Director of Policy, Communications and Government Relations and the Policy Team in providing political and policy counsel across the business and the External Affairs team
- Provide support and coordination on industry group engagement including the Association of British Pharmaceutical Association (ABPI), American Pharmaceutical Group (APG) as well as other industry group activities.
- Supporting the management of key stakeholder relationships including mapping of stakeholders, coordination of meetings, logging of interactions/materials, management and development of briefing materials for key meetings/engagement opportunities
- Supporting and managing visits from senior global colleagues, including the development of briefing materials and the arranging of suitable stakeholder meetings.
- Understanding the regulatory environment and assisting in the application of relevant compliance procedures and training for the business.
- Attend key conferences and events on behalf of the business, build networks and contacts and provided briefings after events
- Manage relationships with defined external stakeholders (such as think-tanks, key offices of senior ministers and officials)
- Monitor the development of the relevant EU and international political and policy environment and interact with our European policy unit
- Support Public Affairs activities across the Devolved Nations
This role is based in greater London/northern Home Counties (a 35mins train journey from Liverpool Street).