Set the strategy and act as the voice of the bus and coach industry in the United Kingdom.
This strategically important appointment is key to the future success of CPT and passenger transport in the United Kingdom. The Chief Executive will perform an important role in influencing public and political confidence in the UK’s bus and coach network.
The CPT UK is a transport trade association established in 1974. Today it is recognised by Government as the voice of the bus and coach industry, and the focus for consultation on national and international legislation, local regulations, operational practices and engineering standards.
CPT members include the largest multi-national transport operators and the smallest family businesses. It protects the interests of members by working to influence, inform and enhance the reputation of the UK’s bus and coach industries. The new Chief Executive will lead CPT’s relationships with Government, policy makers, the media and other key stakeholders.
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement a proactive, comprehensive and effective lobbying strategy that will support CPT members, to protect and develop the long term commercial future of the road passenger industry. Ensure CPT projects a clear and persuasive voice amongst its many stakeholders, allowing it to demonstrate relevance and influence on behalf of members.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Act as the voice of the industry and lead engagement with decision makers, stakeholders and influencers as a persuasive advocate, serving as an effective spokesperson for the sector including through media and events.
- Set the strategy for CPT’s external positioning and influencing activities and ensure its delivery, informed by member input and engagement.
- Plan and deliver effective and impactful influencing strategies which promote pro-bus and coach policies supporting strategic goals and passenger growth.
- Provide industry leadership and engagement through proactive and effective lobbying and communications strategies delivering an improved external environment for the industry.
- Deliver leadership and management control of the overall organisation.