High profile arts organisation seeks talented Interim Communications Director to start ASAP.
The Interim Director of Communications will be responsible for ensuring the organisation maintains and improves its profile as a cultural highlight in the global artistic landscape. Working closely with the leadership team, you will set strategy and deliver proactive political engagement and advocacy campaigns to build relationships with key stakeholders and open new avenues of dialogue with key groups. In addition you will formulate and implement an employee engagement campaign to improve internal communications and ensure consistent corporate messaging.
The key focus of the role will be to proactively lead on external affairs / stakeholder engagement work including all aspects of parliamentary and Government affairs and building relationships with funding bodies so that the organisation is recognised as a cultural highlight. The role involves liaising closely with staff at all levels of the organisation, members of the board as necessary, the creative teams and artists working with the Company and helping to maintain good relations with sponsors and external organisations. The Director of Communications also has overall responsibility for the Company’s media and public relations, with support from a three strong media and PR team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an interim communications professional to utilise their political and stakeholder engagement expertise to truly influence and shape the future of this fantastic organisation.
- To oversee the stakeholder affairs programme, ensuring that the organisation improves its ability to engage in open dialogue with funding bodies
- To work effectively with the Executive Director so that the interests of the organisation are at the heart of everything they do and that their policy, media and engagement reflects the interests of the Artistic Directors, board and audience members.
- To lead and manage the performance and professional development of the Press Office. To provide clear direction, feedback and coaching to maximise the potential of team members and continuously review the organisation's external affairs activities.
- A track record of success in influencing key political stakeholders.
- Experience of operating at a senior level.
- Demonstrable engagement skills supported by creative, intellectual campaigns.
- Proven experience of forging effective relationships at the highest level in business, politics and government of working within complex political organisations.
- Proven experience of or an understanding of or passion for working in an arts / media organisation.
Key skills and personal attributes
- Strong leadership and team-building skills, supported by the ability to motivate and maintain high levels of performance across a passionate and committed team.
- Working as a trusted advisor to an Executive Director (or equivalent).
- Personally credible with a professional demeanour that generates the trust from a range of audiences.
This is a 6 month interim contract to start ASAP, with potential to extend longer term.