Consultant role. 3 month interim position.
As a Consultant you will be working for a dynamic communication agency operating within the government sector, working in the housing team. You will be responsible for delivering the strategic communications activities to support the delivery of the organisations vision and to protect and enhance their reputation. Reporting to an Account Director and working as part of a small team, you will handle reactive and proactive media relations – including writing press releases to sell into national media as well as ideally having had experience of navigating the complex relationships within government and more specifically local government.
The key responsibilities of the post:
- Deliver significant, strategically focused media coverage.
- You will generate and develop the content, stories and features that are most newsworthy for this audience.
- To provide reactive crisis support to protect corporate reputation.
- You will work with key political stakeholders in the business.
- You will work closely with the communications delivery team - who lead the PR, social media and mass public media- to ensure they are aligned in media positioning, monitoring, the positioning of spokespeople and management of external relationships.
- To build and maintain effective working relationships with external clients, providing innovative and solutions-focused communications consultancy.
- To support the wider team with out-of-hours media handling support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise and develop your media relations and stakeholder relations expertise, working for a great communications agency.