Create & deliver effective PR campaigns for a London based FTSE 100 Company in the Property Sector.
This London based FTSE 100 Company, in the Property Sector, is looking for a Communications Manager to deliver exceptional communications to external stakeholders. They will own, create and deliver effective PR campaigns, alongside developing strong relationships with the media, and providing communications advice to senior leaders.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in media and corporate communications, within a high profile organization - preferably working in a highly regulated market. They will have exceptional copywriting skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work closely with c-suite level executives.
Main responsibilities include:
- Define, create and deliver effective PR campaigns, both proactive and reactive, to align with and support the corporate communications strategy and external narrative
- Create compelling, engaging copy for all external channels
- Write speeches, editorial comment and columns on behalf of senior leaders
- Manage the relationship with external PR agencies to ensure they are developing effective, relevant campaigns, that uphold and enhance the relationship with external stakeholders
- Position the organisation as a thought leader within the FTSE 100, championing innovation and excellence
- Develop strong, effective relationships with relevant media and external stakeholders
- Be the first point of contact for the press, managing all media and press activity
- Provide crisis communications support, agreeing reactive statements in advance of and in response to potential crises
- Deputise for the Head of Corporate Communications where necessary, exercising sound judgement in tight time frames.
Required skills and experience include:
- You should have significant and relevant communications experience, including demonstrable evidence of achievement in media relations, with a multi-channel approach
- Exceptional copywriting skills with a proven track record of working with journalists and senior stakeholders
- Experience working for a listed company and an understanding of the financial reporting calendar
- Confidence in editing complex material with outstanding attention to detail
- A strong academic record and degree level qualification in the relevant discipline
- Thorough understanding of digital communication channels and stakeholder engagement