Be the voice for an active global investor
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans and a significant long-term investor in the UK, with C$97 billion in assets globally (as at December 31, 2018). OMERS invests and administers pensions on behalf of almost half a million active and retired members, drawn from the municipal sector in the Province of Ontario, Canada. OMERS is seeking a Director, Investment Communications to lead the implementation and further development of their communications strategies in the UK, Europe, Australia and Asia. The position is located in their London office but will also support certain programs with reach to North America.
- Be part of a team that develops and directs the global external communications strategy to promote and protect the OMERS brand globally as a pension manager, investor and employer
- With an integrated and multi-channel approach, tell the OMERS story to a range of key stakeholders
- Horizon scan, identify communications opportunities and risks and recommend effective courses of action
Key skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing successful communications strategies in a global context
- Experience of promoting and protecting the profile of an organisation and leaders, media relations experience is an asset.
Ability to work in a dynamic environment, managing multiple and diverse projects with excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
For more information please consult the role description HERE and apply via the link on this page. Please note that applications for this role will close at noon on Wednesday 22nd January 2019.