A4S seeks a Director of Communications and Engagement to shape their global communications strategy
Accounting for Sustainability (A4S) is seeking a Director of Communications and Engagement, a key member of the A4S Global Executive Team. This is a newly created role, with the individual playing a critical leadership role within this influential charity, helping to drive impact globally, and make sustainable business, business as usual. The director will lead the overall communications and engagement agenda, working with a small but talented team, as well as global leaders from the business, finance and communications worlds. They will help to ensure that A4S reaches its target audiences and inspires action that will achieve real impact. This important communication leadership role is a rare opportunity to join a passionate team in an organization making a positive difference towards a more sustainable economy.
A4S was established by His Majesty The King when he was The Prince of Wales in 2004 "to help ensure that we are not battling to meet 21st century challenges with, at best, 20th century decision-making and reporting systems". A4S works at the highest levels with representatives from the global business, finance and accounting community to inspire action and drive a fundamental shift towards resilient business models and a sustainable economy.
Main responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in shaping A4S's theory of change, strategy, work programme and resource allocation and support and oversee effective implementation as a key member of A4S’s Global Executive Management Team.
- Oversee development and implementation of the multi-channel communications, engagement and events strategy, driving global brand awareness and ensuring alignment with overall strategic priorities.
- Shape A4S’s organizational voice and messaging, and ensure this is reflected throughout A4S materials and activities.
- Monitor progress against the strategy, setting annual plans and budgets, tracking performance against KPIs and goals and overseeing the function’s reporting to the A4S Global Executive Management Team and the Board of Trustees.
- Line manage senior communications and engagement staff and support their continued professional development.
Key skills and experience required:
- Senior management experience leading communications and engagement functions, including leading cross-organisational activities.
- Background in the business or finance world, with an understanding of sustainability issues and the role of business in sustainability, as well as how to communicate effectively with A4S’s target audiences.
- Experience of leading teams, line managing and developing senior roles, and working in a collaborative way across organisational functions.
- Ability to interact and engage with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders, to develop excellent working relationships.
- Strong strategic and organizational skills, with proven ability to prioritize own and team’s workload to meet tight deadlines.
How to apply: For more information, please apply via the ‘Apply for this Role’ button.