Trade body for the later life mortgage sector to appoint Director of Communications and Marketing
We are delighted to be working with an industry body that plays a critical role in lobbying, providing thought leadership, and driving standards and conduct for an important later life mortgage sector. They aim to be seen by their corporate members as a value driven, proactive and progressive representative for their organisations.
They are looking to appoint a Director of Communications and Marketing to lead, support and be responsible for enhancing the profile and reputation of the organisation and its members through the development and implementation of a high performing integrated communications, marketing, and business development strategy. A member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Communications and Marketing will work closely with the CEO and executive team to ensure they deliver for their members and the general public.
- Develop and implement a sector-leading communications, marketing and business development strategy in line with the organisation’s mission and associated focal areas, in context of supporting the sustainable, safe growth of the sector and its reputation.
- Positively engage stakeholders across the whole organisation, in the wider member community and with colleagues in sector organisations to foster
important stakeholder relationships.
- Oversee a team which delivers day-to-day marketing, business development, and communications operations, including brand and reputation management, media
and public relations, crisis communications, marketing, publishing, and business development.
- Accountable for the positioning and building of the brand to support the strategy, identifying and managing reputational risks on behalf of the organisation.
- Contribute actively as part of the senior leadership team to the day-to-day management and strategic issues related to the company.
Key skills required
- Leadership experience in marketing, business development, and communications including developing and delivering fully integrated communications and marketing strategies in complex organisations and regulated industries and experience of operating and influencing at board level.
- Experience leading and managing high-performing teams of people, with a diverse range of specialist marketing and communication skills, and of building crossfunctional teams and fostering collaboration in organisations.
- It is important that this person has experience of business development either from having led a commercial team, or from an agency environment.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience of communications, brand, and marketing, and experience of delivering strategic, large-scale projects.
- Outstanding communication skills, highly articulate and literate. Able to articulate complex research and data clearly and experience of presenting papers and reports at executive and level.
How to apply: For more information, please apply via the ‘Apply for this Role’ button.
Final date for applications: 5th December 2023