Communications & marketing lead for iconic visitor attraction and international research centre
The Natural History Museum aims to challenge the way people think about the natural world – its past, present and future. It stimulates public debate about humanity's future and equips audiences at every level with an understanding of science. As it approaches and celebrates its 150 year history, this is a pivotal and wonderful opportunity to join its leadership team and extend its reach and reputation by engaging and informing new audiences. Be part of one of the world’s leading visitor attractions and science research centre. Help create and tell the story of its exciting future.
- Develop and implement a new Communications and Marketing Strategy to support and enable the delivery of the new NHM Strategy
- Lead and integrate high performing, cross-functional teams to deliver the new Communications and Marketing Strategy
- Elevate the Museum’s status on the national and international stage
- As part of the Management Board contribute to the development of the whole museum
- Champion ‘best-in-class’ customer-first service which enhances our position as a global enviable visitor attraction
- Develop innovative approaches to galvanise communication and marketing impact
Key skills and experience:
- A successful track record of communications and marketing at a senior level with public audiences
- Expertise in measuring and translating data and information into strategic messaging and activity
- Demonstrable history of fostering partnerships within a complex stakeholder environment
- Proven ability to predict and mitigate reputational issues and maximise possible opportunities
- Experience in leading and motivating large teams
How to apply:
For more information, please consult the job description here and apply via the Apply for this Role button. Please note that applications for this position will close on October 7th 2019.
The NHM welcome applications from everyone – diversity, inclusion and the feeling of belonging matters to us. By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of diverse backgrounds we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things. We offer a stimulating and professional environment in which to work - and the pace and scale of our activities can be breathtaking. This is a remarkable place and we look for staff who can work according to our values – we champion diversity, encourage creativity, we are connected, and we value evidence.