The Open University seeks a leader in marketing & communications to deliver high impact campaigns
About The Open University
The Open University is open to anyone, anywhere, changing millions of lives across the world. We are always looking for new ways to help people succeed whatever their background or circumstances, offering the flexibility to study around their lives and careers. As the largest university in the UK, working across all four nations, we are the most popular choice for part-time undergraduates. We pioneer innovative ways of learning, such as our BBC partnership, to reach more people than any other university. Our teaching and research transforms people’s lives, driving economic growth and building fairer societies across the world. This year, we celebrated our 50th anniversary. Now, we are making an appointment to a newly created role of Director of Marketing & Communications to help us achieve our forward-looking vision and help us to excel over the next 50 years.
This newly created position will lead the Marketing & Communications Unit to generate domestic and international campaigns and deliver exceptional engagement to cement The Open University’s ability to inspire life-changing learning. You will draw on the support of the Executive to develop innovative internal and external engagement strategies and define the voice of our innovative national institution.
- Position The Open University as an international leader in flexible, lifelong education with key audiences
- Act as a strategic communications counsel to the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive and University Council
- Increase impact and engagement via a range of communications & marketing strategies to deliver on student recruitment and experience, and amplify The OU’s reputation and values
- Lead and develop The OU brand strategy (investment, brand expression, visual identity, culture) to deliver a compelling future-proofed brand building on the success of the OU’s 50th anniversary.
Key skills and experience
- Championing creative and innovative approaches, and embracing emerging marketing and communications technology and digital media
- Expertise in translating information into powerful, actionable messaging and activity
- Proven ability to predict and mitigate reputational issues and maximise possible opportunities
- Effective leadership skills with experience of team integration and operating in a complex organisation, whilst managing a significant budget
- Demonstrable expertise in hitting revenue targets and driving growth
- Outstanding executive-level influencing skills.
For more information, please consult the job description HERE and apply via the Apply for this Role button.
Please note that applications for this position will close at noon on Friday 16th August 2019.