UK Finance are looking to hire a Director, Primary Markets
UK Finance is the collective voice for the banking and finance industry. Representing more than 250 firms across the industry, we act to enhance competitiveness, support customers, and facilitate innovation.
The Capital Markets and Wholesale sector is the driving force behind the UK’s international financial services success. Post-Brexit, policy makers and regulatory authorities are now looking to develop and enhance the UK’s regulatory regime underpinning capital markets and wholesale banking to build a framework suitable for a UK outside the EU’s single rulebook.
This is a newly created role as part of UK Finance’s expansion and investment in capital markets and wholesale policy. The overarching objective for the post holder will be to establish UK Finance as a credible interlocuter in public policy matters impacting and related to UK primary markets.
- Lead and design our new strategy in UK primary markets policy and build and support the committee / working group to deliver.
- Identify the key components of UK primary markets, the regulation underpinning them and our corresponding positions.
- Oversee our primary markets contribution to the UK’s market reform programme
- Horizon scan and consider the longer-term strategic issues and opportunities facing UK primary markets.
- Undertake strategic advocacy with key stakeholders in collaboration with colleagues and turn technical markets policy into coherent messaging as part of a wider advocacy strategy.
- Build relationships with stakeholders engaged on primary markets policy at HMT, FCA and the Bank of England and other appropriate stakeholders and other trade associations.
You will be expert in:
- UK and international primary markets – previous coverage of debt and equity raising, listings, bonds, prospectus regulation is desirable. Either through experience in a bank, law firm, consultancy, regulator or other trade association.
- Key political, legislative and regulatory issues as they pertain to capital markets policies, in particular the primary markets agenda.
- The international and inter-linked nature of capital and wholesale markets in particular the impact on UK Finance members from the UK’s EU-Exit and wider global market fragmentation
- Challenges/opportunities impacting the future of UK capital markets.
- Ability to generate an agenda that is supported by the industry and navigate different views and drive consensus.
- Ability to influence at a strategic level through appropriate personal impact.
- Established relationships with regulatory authorities, policy makers and industry participants.
The post holder will also be a senior leader within UK Finance and as such be part of the senior leadership team.
There is a detailed role description which can be downloaded here.
This search is being led by Geraldine Hetherington. To apply for this role, please click on the “Apply for this role” button and submit your CV (in word format).