Create impactful and creative communications for an independent government funded organisation.
This organisation is looking to recruit a Head of Communications. You will work closely with the Executive Director of Corporate Affairs to set strategy, build capability and oversee the external and internal Communications and Public Affairs teams.
You will play an integral role in delivering the communications strategy, driving consumer engagement and managing the team to meet the organisation’s key business objectives. You will have the chance to work closely with the senior management team, including a newly appointed, forward-thinking CEO. This is an opportunity to work for an organisation who have developed an entirely new consumer-centric strategy, and to create impactful and creative communications for the business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and executing the communications strategy in-line with the business plan
- Offering strategic advice on communications to the senior management team
- Managing the communications budget and developing key individuals within the team
- Taking lead responsibility for all media activity, including the management of media training for key stakeholders
- Building relationships with key journalists at national and broadcast media, and developing a crisis management plan
- Overseeing all engagement with key stakeholders, including the development of a regular service to disseminate key information to an internal audience
Required skills and experience include:
- Outstanding leadership skills, the ability to inspire a team and help transform output
- Experience working with government bodies or small organisations
- Outstanding media relations experience, both proactive and reactive, ideally within consumer advice/protection
- Superb copy writing skills and an eye for detail, with the ability to communicate complex policy issues to a consumer audience
- Experience working at both a strategic and tactical level, and a willingness to get stuck into hands on delivery of communications plans
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative, prioritise work and inspire the team to meet tight deadlines
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management and an ability to build strong working relationship with colleagues throughout the business
- Some exposure to public affairs and an understanding of internal communications would also be beneficial