Set the external communications and media strategy for an influential membership organisation.
A membership organisation - focused on delivering development through knowledge, skills and professional expertise - is looking to recruit a Head of Media and Communications. You will work closely with the Vice President and Director of External Affairs and Strategy, to set the external communications and media strategy, define the key audiences and oversee the central communications teams.
You will play an integral role in setting up and delivering the communications strategy, driving consumer engagement and managing the central communications team to meet objectives. You will also have oversight of the organisation’s regional media teams, so experience working in a matrix structure would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to define the public voice for a membership organisation, who are looking to transform their approach to external communications, through a proactive integrated PR and Media plan. With a view to raising the profile of the organization, and position it as a thought leader in the industry.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working with the Senior Management Team to establish an over-arching media and communications strategy, that supports the delivery of the three year plan
- Acting as the Head of Profession to communications staff, providing central assistance and guidance to regional communications teams
- Offering strategic advice on communications to the senior management team
- Taking lead responsibility for all communications channels including external media, social media and internal communications
- Overseeing all engagement with key stakeholders to establish communications audiences, outcomes, objectives and messaging for significant projects
Required skills and experience include:
- Outstanding leadership skills, the ability to inspire a team and help transform output
- Experience of developing and delivering media and communications strategies to support organisational goals
- Some experience in construction, infrastructure or engineering is desirable
- Experience working in a membership organisation or committee structure environment
- Superb copy writing skills and an eye for detail
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, and an ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the business
- Significant experience of operational management, including budget management, people management, professional development and operational delivery