Global leader in skills development is hiring an Interim Corporate Relations Director.
This global leader in skills development is looking for an interim Director of Corporate Relations to provide maternity cover support for a 12 month contract. Reporting to the Group Chief Executive within a large business group, the successful candidate will be leading a large team across PR, Communications and brand, in addition to managing awards programmes, sustainabilty and youth engagement initiatives. The Corporate Relations Director also has oversight of a grant-giving fund - all of which forms part of the broad corporate relations strategy which aims to protect and promote the organisations reputational social purpose goals.
- Managing and leading a large team, setting up and implementing a clear, compelling vision and strategy for the Corporate Relations functions that support business growth.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive to provide communications advice and support to them, as well as to the business unit Managing Directors, the Chairman and Trustees.
- Representing this organisation at a senior level, developing useful relationships as well acting as a senior spokesperson for this organisation at press and industry events.
- Proactively and reactively managing communication and reputational risks, as well as communications issues and crises.
- Providing strategic direction for change communications programmes, supporting the delivery of business objectives for the change both internally and externally.
- To oversee Group award and recognition, sustainability and Institute relations programmes that build profile and contribute towards the organisations social purpose.
Skills and experience:
- Previous team management experience is crucial, as is a colllaborative and supporitve approach to developing staff across all levels of experience.
- Experienced at providing strategic communications counsel to CEOs and Board Directors as well as experience developing engagement programmes for influential stakeholders.
- Knowledge of national and international marketing communications including knowledge of how to target international business press.
- A high level of gravitas to influence senior stakeholders (internal and external), including high profile supporters of the organisation.