Household-name retailer seeks interim Head of PR
Our client has one of the best known brands on the British high street, and its products and services touch the majority of households in the UK.
The role is being offered on an interim basis (start date asap), for three months initially; it could be a permanent opportunity for the right person but our client is equally open to considering applications from 'career' interims. The successful candidate will manage a team of three to lead the development of measurable, creative, consumer-centric communications campaigns that increase awareness, consideration and advocacy for the brand.
- Substantial track record in a communications / campaigns role, with explicit experience of using social media digital channels to drive campaigns and reputation
- Sector experience and working knowledge of the technical aspects of Financial Services PR is essential; a working knowledge of the Telecoms sector in addition would be an advantage
- Strong contacts with influencers and media who can support the brand – or the energy and temperament to build them
- Interest and experience in using in data and insight to understand drive communications impact
- Line management and leadership experience
- Ability to collaborate with and influence senior stakeholders, including balancing and facilitating discussion around competing priorities
- Excellent writing skills – and the ability to coach others
- Experience of parliamentary/political/ campaigning would be an advantage.