Drive political engagement and build the reputation of an award-winning professional body.
This award-winning professional body is looking for an Interim Policy Officer for an initial three month contract, to help drive their political engagement.
As part of a small team you will report to the Head of External Affairs and help them build the organisation's reputation, being an authoritative voice and strategic partner around key policy priorities.
Main responsibilities include:
- Oversee all political monitoring and ensure senior colleagues are sufficiently briefed on upcoming political, media and policy developments
- Sourcing additional opportunities to position the organisation as a thought leader, in areas which serve its strategic agenda
- Writing and editing content for all communications channels, for both internal and external audiences and relevant stakeholders
- Maintain a database of stakeholder contacts, and assist the Head of External Affairs in developing strong relationships with stakeholders and other professional bodies
Required skills and experience include:
- Proven experience of working in a policy or communications role, with an ability to find and interpret the interests of an organisation within a policy and news context
- Ability to use your own initiative whilst also demonstrating a collaborative approach, with the wider team