This position has already been appointed, but to hear about similar roles please register with us.
Energy UK is looking for an experienced Press Officer to join the communications team in London.
Energy UK, the voice of the energy industry represents, over 90 suppliers and generators of electricity and gas for domestic and business consumers. We have a membership as diverse as the energy industry itself, from the UK’s largest energy firms to new, growing suppliers and generators.
Now is an exciting time for the energy sector with rapid change in the industry and with energy remaining high on the political and media agenda.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Press Officer to deliver high quality media coverage.
As the Press Officer you will be responsible for:
- Responding to media enquiries from national, regional, trade and specialist media
- Drafting statements and press releases
- Creating and publicising proactive stories and campaigns
- Arranging broadcast interviews and preparing spokespeople for interviews
- Monitoring and responding to the news agenda including on social media
- Working closely with internal teams and our membership on communications issues
- Plus supporting the wider work of the communications team
To qualify you must have:
- Experience working in busy press office environment
- Knowledge of the energy sector is desirable but not essential
- A good working knowledge of the media
- An ability to understand complex policy areas and be able to translate it into engaging material
- Excellent drafting and copy writing skills
- The ability to work to tight media deadlines
- Strong organisation skills and be able to manage a range of activities simultaneously
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- And the ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured environment