Implement an integrated communications strategy for a high-profile charity.
A high-profile and reputable charity - who play a key role in supporting the armed forces and their families - is looking to recruit a Senior Communications Officer to work alongside the Head of Charity Communications, and help implement their integrated communications strategy.
Based in the London Office, the Senior Communications Officer will be a crucial member of the team, working proactively and reactively to secure outstanding coverage and implement parliamentary outreach plans, to help influence political opinion.
This is a hybrid role where you will have the opportunity to further develop your media relations skills, alongside public affairs. You will enjoy a supportive and high performing culture in a busy press office, working for a charity who support the lives of people in the armed forces. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a busy press office, aligned with strong written and communications skills. Exposure to a policy driven environment is also desirable.
Main responsibilities include:
- Developing cross-platform campaigns to promote the organisation’s communications strategy
- Lead business to business trade media and partners
- Oversee incoming press requests, highlighting relevant PR enquiries to specialist teams and draft news statements
- Managing major communications projects for the charity
- Working as part of the crisis comms team
- Working with teams throughout the organisation to shape the delivery of media and public affairs plans for the charity
- Develop relationships with journalists to secure high quality coverage for the charity
- Lead on the development of key corporate publications including the Annual Report
Required skills and experience include:
- Experience working on high profile media campaigns, and dealing with national and regional journalists on a daily basis
- Experience of developing and nurturing relationships with MPs/Senior Civil Servants
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines
- Can manage workloads with changing priorities
- A real news hound, with an awareness of the impact that actions or decisions can have on the organisation’s brand and reputation