A high profile leadership role representing the GB energy sector.
Energy UK is the trade association for the GB energy industry. Its membership represents the diverse nature of the UK’s energy industry and covers over 90% of both UK power generation and the energy supply market for UK homes. The purpose of this role is to lead Energy UK in the provision of expert advice on industry matters and work to enhance the industry's reputation with customers, political and regulatory stakeholders, and with the communities it serves.
The Chief Executive will perform an important role in influencing public, political, and commercial confidence in the GB energy industry. Responsibilities of the Chief Executive include:
- Lead the development of Energy UK’s mission, resulting in clear messages to external stakeholders to achieve favourable policy outcomes.
- Advise the board and members of any potential opportunities, threats and developing new initiatives.
- Lead on and manage advocacy positions in the UK and EU on issues in coordination with members.
- Be the spokesperson to Government, Civil Service, and the media, engage and influence stakeholders on issues facing the energy industry as well as promote and defend the virtues and benefits of the industry.
- Lead and maintain a high performing team by creating an environment and opportunities for Energy UK staff to excel in undertaking their responsibilities.
Required skills and experience:
- Leadership - demonstrable experience of setting strategy, agreeing priorities and delegating actions.
- Strategic - thinking ability to develop and execute a strategy with the awareness and understanding of market dynamics.
- Facilitation and negotiation - proven skills to influence at executive/board level with the ability to influence debate and discussion to support efficient decision making.
- Advocacy - experience of successfully influencing the political and regulatory processes within Westminster, Whitehall, and ideally Brussels.
- Communication - exceptional and persuasive communicator experienced in being an impactful and inspirational speaker with gravitas and authority
How to apply:
For more information, please consult the job description and apply via the ‘Apply for this Role’ button. Please note that applications for this position will close on 14 October 2019.